I like quick, simple and healthy when it comes to preparing dinners. Lots of times if it’s quick, it’s not healthy. But I found this delicious recipe on Food.com and have sworn by it for quick and easy weeknight dinners.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2-2lbs swordfish steaks, cut into 4 – 6 portions
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes, with liquid or 2 cartons of fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup black olives or 1⁄2 cup green olives (try not to use canned olives)
- 1⁄4cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat.
- Season swordfish generously with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until browned on both sides.
- Transfer fish to a platter.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet and reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Transfer fish to the sauce and cook, turning once until the fish is firm to the touch and cooked through, about 5 minutes.